[Dojo-interest] Basic help: SplitContainer

Daniel daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Tue Dec 4 17:15:44 UTC 2007

Where can I locate documentation on the attributes sizeMin and sizeShare
and similar ones? They are not working the way I expect. I tried the
following pages:

http://dojotoolkit.org/book/dojo-book-0-9/part-2-dijit/layout/content-pane
http://dojotoolkit.org/book/dojo-book-0-9/part-2-dijit/layout/split-container

Neither mentions these attributes. The side bar is too big and reducing
the value of sizeMin and sizeShare doesn't seem to do anything. I don't
know how these values are derived. My first thought was that they were
percentages, but they clearly aren't as they don't add up to 100.

Daniel wrote:
> 1) Why should I be looking at tests?
> 2) How am I supposed to know where the tests are?
> 3) Why can't this be in the documentation, and in a user-understandable way?
>
> Last time I asked a question about Dojo I was more or less told that
> obviously I should have been reading the "0.4 to 0.9 porting guide". My
> reply was "why should I be reading the 0.4 to 0.9 porting guide if I'm
> not porting anything?".
>
> Is it going to be this way every time I try to do something in Dojo? Why
>   is it not possible that:
>
> 1) Things be documented,
> 2) Widgets have sensible behaviour like obeying the 'width' CSS
> attribute, and
> 3) Have widgets behave consistently (since *other* widgets do obey the
> width attribute).
>
> This is so depressing...
>
> Jon Sykes wrote:
>> Did you look at the split container tests:
>>
>> http://download.dojotoolkit.org/release-1.0.0/dojo-release-1.0.0/dijit/tests/layout/test_SplitContainer.html
>>
>> They have what I think you're looking for.
>>
>> There, that wasn't so hard was it.  :-)
>>

>> On Dec 4, 2007, at 11:36 AM, Daniel wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, I decided to give Dojo another try, and once again I'm struggling
>>> with fairly elementary steps :-(
>>>
>>> I have a horizontal SplitContainer with two items. The first is
>>> intended
>>> to be a sidebar and the second the main body of the application. The
>>> problem is that the "sidebar" always ends up being half the size of
>>> the
>>> container. No matter what I do, Dojo splits the horizontal container