[Dojo-interest] Layers profiles and dojo 0.4.3

O'Shea, Sean Sean.O'Shea at fmr.com
Fri Aug 10 18:20:20 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm using the layers profile to build a personalized version of dojo
0.4.3 & I'm running into a few issues. My .profile.js file looks like
this:

var dependencies = [
	"dojo.event.*"
];

dependencies.layers = [
	{
		name: "tcf.js",
		resourceName: "fmr.tcf",
		layerDependencies: [
			"dojo.js"
		],
		dependencies: [
			"fmr.tcf",
			"fmr.tcf.core",
			"fmr.tcf.provider"
		]
	}
];

// NOTE: this MUST be included or a list of files must be output via
print()
// manually.
load("getDependencyList.js");

Basically, I need a file called tcf.js which is compressed in the same
manner as dojo.js and contains all the .js files under the fmr.tcf,
fmr.tcf.core & fmr.tcf.provider directories. When I run my ant build in
debug mode, I get the following output:

The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
not part of the command.
     [java] Mapping module dependencies...
     [java] Compressing file: ../release/dojo/tcf.js
     [java] Files baked into this build:

     [java] dojo.js:
     [java] dojoGuardStart.js
     [java] ../src/bootstrap1.js
     [java] ../src/loader.js
     [java] dojoGuardEnd.js
     [java] ../src/hostenv_browser.js
     [java] ../src/lang/common.js
     [java] ../src/lang/array.js
     [java] ../src/lang/extras.js
     [java] ../src/lang/func.js
     [java] ../src/event/common.js
     [java] ../src/event/topic.js
     [java] ../src/event/browser.js
     [java] ../src/event/__package__.js

     [java] tcf.js:
     [java] ../__package__.js

Looks like the eventing pieces are being inserted into dojo.js, but I
end up with a tcf.js file which is 1KB in size and has none of my custom
code in it.

Where should I place my code so that the dojo build can pick it up and
generate a tcf.js file which contains everything?

Hope someone can help

Sean

PS. I was using the 0.9 build of dojo and was able to get this working
with the following profile.js file:

dependencies = {
	layers: [
		{
			name: "../tcf.js",
			layerDependencies: [
				"dojo.js"
			],
			dependencies: [
				"fmr.tcf",
				"fmr.tcf.core",
				"fmr.tcf.provider"
			]
		}
	],

	prefixes: [
		[ "tcf", "../fmr" ]
	]
}

I had to back out of the 0.9 build of dojo though (which looks really
good btw) because the FilteringTable isn't ready just yet ...