[Dojo-interest] Caching resources from dojo.io.bind

James Burke jburke at dojotoolkit.org
Fri Aug 10 03:33:50 UTC 2007

On 8/9/07, Vincent Demay <vincent.demay at anyware-tech.com> wrote:
> Dylan Schiemann wrote:
> >
> > Vincent,
> >
> > This is where the Dojo build system helps significantly as it will
> > "intern" your html and css into JavaScript strings eliminating the need
> > to load those resources.
> >
> > With Ant, you just add the command:
> >
> > intern-strings
> >
> > when running your build.
> >
> > Are you referring to resources requests by those html and css templates?
> >  Image files don't get loaded by XHR, so what other things do you have,
> > static html includes?
> >
> > - -Dylan
> >
> Thx Dylan,
>
> It works as expected, it is a very good optimization. But my new problem
> comes from my custom templates and css, some of my widgets override the
> TemplatePath properties and the CssTemplatePath property dynamically.
> How can I deal with this custom css/html

If the values are calculated at runtime, it seems like it will be hard
to deal with limiting those requests. You could always put all of the
templates into a special module that holds the template contents as
JavaScript strings, and load them that way. But if the point is to
have a dynamically decided template at runtime, I'm not sure that will
help.

James