[Dojo-interest] IsBrowserSupported method?

Alex Russell alex at dojotoolkit.org
Sat Dec 9 04:11:53 MST 2006

On Friday 08 December 2006 3:57 pm, Bartley Hazer wrote:
> Is there any method in any utility class that will tell you if the
> user's current browser is supported?

You need to define "supported". Some features work on some browsers
whereas others degrade to fallback states, and on some browsers Dojo
won't even boostrap, making such a method nearly useless. We'd need to
maintain a feature matrix to accurately answer the question that I
think you are asking.

> If not, is this something that
> could be added?  It seems a lot cleaner than maintaining a list of
> supported browsers in the client code.

For the above reasons, I doubt it would be simpler.

Alex Russell
alex at sitepen.com     A99F 8785 F491 D5FD 04D7 ACD9 4158 FFDF 2894 6876