[Dojo-interest] Preloading images

Scott J. Miles sjmiles at turbophp.com
Tue May 31 20:31:58 PDT 2005

Some of my widgets support selecting a stylesheet on the fly. Is there a way
for me to detect image references in the stylesheet for preloading?

My first thought is to check the widget's properties after the sheet is
loaded, but would the style information be there before the page is
rendered? Perhaps a timeout call to preload the extra images after the
browser has a chance to think?

Also, does it make sense for Dojo to have a utility function that forces an
image into the cache? I don't know if this task is trivial across-browsers.

Thanks again,
Scott