[Dojo-interest] animation package... when??

Aldo Bucchi aldo.bucchi at gmail.com
Mon May 30 17:37:41 PDT 2005

Hi Alex,

I currently work as a J2EE architect, but I have extensive background
in Javascript and Actionscript ( kind of my hobby ).

I was in the middle of porting some actionscript mx.managers.* classes
when I ran into Dojo. I am well impressed with the organization around
the project and how you have managed to standarize packages. I had
created my own subclassing system (a la prototype) but I'd rather
stick to a community... I really think you are doing things in the
right order.

One advice:
- have you thought in borrowing some of macromedia's work?
They have done a great (or at least consistent) job with d&d, layouts
and events.
Plus there is plenty of documentation to read from.
- accel... maybe borrow from the easing equations:
http://www.robertpenner.com/easing/
- using macromedias tween engine
- and take a look at the animation package
http://www.alex-uhlmann.de/flash/animationpackage/

I desperately need D&D + animation abstraction layer (with Mouse +
Keyb events).
So I'd go over the source and see if I can donate any code in there.

Regards,
Aldo

On 5/30/05, David Schontzler <schontz at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/30/05, Alex Russell <alex at dojotoolkit.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Monday 30 May 2005 12:39 pm, Aldo Bucchi wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > any dates for a (hopefully documented) release with the animation
> > > package, drag manager, etc?
> >
> > Nope. No dates yet.
> >
> > Of the two, the animation is more fully "baked", so it would likely
> > emerge first. David, any thoughts on doing an animation and fx build?
>
> I think that Animation is pretty much ready for primetime, although it
> could probably use some more rigorous testing. As far as features go,
> the only thing it is really missing is acceleration (*cough*Dan?).
>
> -David

::::: Aldo Bucchi :::::
mobile (56) 8 429 8300