[Dojo-interest] Dojo update

Alex Russell alex at dojotoolkit.org
Mon May 23 22:29:12 PDT 2005

So I've been remiss in my project duties and haven't sent one of these
out in several weeks. As such, this mail will probably ommit some
things. My apologies ahead of time.

New
===

* resizable textarea widget (Alex, David)
* wipeIn/wipeOut effects (David)
* slide-show widget (Alex)
* POST method tests added for dojo.io.bind() (David)
* functional Drag-and-Drop and widget resizing (Alex)
* paramString() method added to dojo.text.* (David)
* rgb2hex, hex2rgb, getBackgroundColor methods added to *Util (David)

Improved
=========

* logo updated (Tom, Tim Mansfield)
* allow the default container node to be over-ridden when adding
children of DOM widgets (Dylan)
* myriad fixes to htmlUtil (David)
* color-fade now works correctly in Safari (David)
* native events not clobberd by dojo.event.connect() unless absolutely
necessaray (David)
* dojo.event.connect() now supports advice calling on a delay
(setTimeout) (Alex)
* Allow passed arguments to over-ride the "method" provided by forms
when using bind() (Owen Winkler)
* "Fast Widget Authoring" article updated and published (Alex with help
from many others including Dylan, Martin, Tim Mansfield, Jennifer,
Aaron, and David)
* Website updates (Alex, with prodding from many)
* Fade effects now work correcly on IE and less "flicker" when cycling
through opacity (David)
* combo-box widget now shows search results (Alex)
* widget parent-child relationship now set correctly (Alex)
* make sure that widgets aren't container widgets by default (Alex)
* work much harder to make up for borken server-sent mimetype in bind()
* speed improvements in widget creation for widgets subsequent to the
first of any type (Alex)
* animation code updated to use dojo.event.connect() style event handler
registration

This Week

Alex

	* I'm going to be off in my own world working on Jot stuff, but will
try to fix compression bug for Scott.

David

	* continued work on Dojo widgets for Jot

Regards

- --
Alex Russell
alex at netWindows.org  F687 1964 1EF6 453E 9BD0 5148 A15D 1D43 AB92 9A46