[Dojo-interest] More widgety goodness

Scott J. Miles sjmiles at turbophp.com
Sat May 21 08:34:35 PDT 2005

>> Is it possible to embed widgets in other widgets?

Hrm, an interesting question. I'm sure it's possible but I'm not clear on
exactly how to make it happen.

Questions:

If you include widget X markup in widget Y's template does it work?

Is there a way to write markup for widget X in a source file (not a
template) such that it can contain widget Y?

What does the 'isContainer' field of the widget class indicate?

FWIW, my tab widget is really just a header object, not a full panel.
Therefore you can stick it on top of whatever you want, side-stepping the
whole container issue.

I put this together in one minute:

http://www.turboajax.com/test_tabs+grid.html

It works in IE, but not on FF (the sizes are messed up). I'll try to repair
it when I have more time later.

Regards,
Scott