[dojo-contributors] xhr and rpc issues in 1.8b1 - separately and together (formerly Re: Submitting fixes - best practices)

Ken Benjamin kenbenjamin at kenbenjamin.net
Sat Jun 30 04:47:29 EDT 2012

I just looked at the test for dojo/_base/xhr. There is no test case that
calls xhr() directly and, therefore, none that could set test setting
contentType, which is probably why the regression was allowed in the first
place. I’ll add a comment about this to the bug report.

Moving on to rpc…

Looking over the code for the dojo/rpc test, I don’t see any Content-Type
checking being enforced in test_JsonRPCMediator.php (which is where it
would be needed) and another reason the xhr regression might not have shown
up before.

I’m running Lotus Domino with the Extension Pack using the jsonRpcService,
and it does do Content-Type checking, as I think it should. (I’m running it
as a server-side control only, in case one of you Domino folks are
wondering – nice job on the service, BTW – I can even pass in objects for
args!).

Bottom line: xhr and rpc tests pass, functionality fails.

Ken