[dojo-contributors] Submitting fixes - best practices?

Kitson Kelly kitson.kelly at asseverate.co.uk
Sat Jun 30 03:44:37 EDT 2012

Standard practice is to attach a diff patch to the ticket.  As in the case
with the one you point out, it doesn't have an owner yet until.  Once it
gets triaged it will be assigned an owner, who is a committer and it will
be up to that owner to determine what action to take.  They may take your
patch wholesale, or may need to adjust it.  Sometimes they will give you
feedback on your patch, if it doesn't match the coding style (
http://livedocs.dojotoolkit.org/developer/styleguide) of the toolkit and
may request that you modify the test cases and the documentation as well.

Usually it is best to note when you submit your patch that you have a CLA
on file (if it is a CCLA, you should note what organisation).

You should have tested your patch against the appropriate DOH unit test
cases to ensure it doesn't introduce a regression and you should ensure it
patches cleanly into trunk.  It is also important to understand where we
are in the development cycle.  Right we are on a feature freeze, so nothing
that would appear to be an API change or enhancement will get accepted.

Be prepared for fairly robust and direct feedback on your code.