[dojo-contributors] Submitting fixes - best practices?

Ken Benjamin kenbenjamin at kenbenjamin.net
Sat Jun 30 03:22:31 EDT 2012

As a newcomer to this list, I’d like to know the best approach for
submitting code fixes.

Specifically, I encountered an important bug in dojo/_base/xhr (submitted
w/fix in Trac http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/15591) that highlighted
the need to update dojo/rpc/* to support dojo/request.

dojo/rpc/* works correctly with the submitted fix to dojo/_base/xhr so
nothing really **needs** to be done until 2.0 but…

Should I:

A)     submit updated versions of dojo/rpc/* to Trac

B)      submit some other way, how?

C)      ignore dojo/rpc and let someone else deal with it

D)     ignore dojo/rpc because “dojox/rpc will replace it” (when? really?)

I have a CLA on file but I’m reluctant to be a committer as I’m not
sufficiently confident or experienced enough in Dojo to know for sure that
my fixes might not break something else. I really need an experienced eye
on the code I submit just to be sure (or what passes for sure in software
development).

Thanks,

Ken

[image: Ken-Headshot1-2012-75x75]