[dojo-contributors] hyperlinks from one ref doc page to middle of another

Bill Keese bill at dojotoolkit.org
Thu Jun 14 00:30:14 EDT 2012

The reference doc build tool is complaining about hyperlinks from one reST
page to the *middle* of another page.   For example, Animation.rst has the
line:

    See :ref:`dojo/_base/fx::Animation <dojo/_base/fx#animation>`

which generates the warning:

    Animation.rst:7: WARNING: undefined label: dojo/_base/fx#animation (if
the link has no caption the label must precede a section header)

I know that I can modify fx.rst to setup an anchor for that particular
section, for example:

    .. _dojo/_base/fx:

    ... lots of text ...

    .. _foo:

    Animation

But then, how do I reference that anchor?    I thought it would be:

    See :ref:`dojo/_base/fx::Animation <foo>` instead.

But that doesn't work.