[dojo-contributors] new doc parser and tags

Christophe Jolif cjolif at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 11:09:37 EDT 2012

Tom,

Ok for esoteric tags and even protected. But what about "private" is
that implemented in the viewer? Is that needed in _all_ cases to hide
something? Or are they other heuristics to determine what is hidden
(like underscore+non documented methods? _setXXXAttr methods?...)? Or
is that the only option?

Thanks a lot,
--
Christophe

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 4:03 AM, Tom Trenka <ttrenka at gmail.com> wrote:
> Never got implemented but I know that when the idea of "tags" was kind of
> released outside of what you were looking for, there was a lot of "oh,
> tags...that's awesome.  Can we mark objects based on general categories
> (like Ajax or DOM) with this?  Can we use it to bring some kind of easy
> organization, so that people looking for specific functionality can find it
> quickly?"...that kind of thing.  It was an idea that had some traction but
> not enough for anyone to try to actually tag things that way in the API
> docs.
>
> But I can see that happening if "tags" actually worked...
>
> -- Tom
>
> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 6:33 PM, Bill Keese <bill at dojotoolkit.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 12:48 AM, Tom Trenka <ttrenka at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> However, the usage of tags seems to have generated a bit of confusion;
>>> some see it as a way of marking fields using compiled language modifiers
>>> (i.e. static, protected, const), and some see it as a way of implementing a
>>> tag cloud (for instance, tagging something as "ajax" or "DOM").  We'll
>>> probably need to have this clarified.
>>>
>> Hmm, where are things tagged as "ajax" or "DOM"?    The style guide
>> (http://livedocs.dojotoolkit.org/util/doctools/markup#tags
>> plus http://livedocs.dojotoolkit.org/util/doctools/markup#method-specific-tags)
>> lists the set of expected tags (although now looking at it, I see that dijit
>> has also been using const and readonly, so I need to add those).

Christophe