[dojo-contributors] Async Errors...

Sasha Firsov suns at firsov.net
Tue Jun 5 17:12:02 EDT 2012

On 2012-06-05 13:36, Kitson Kelly wrote:
> there is the bigger DTK question of a consistent way of dealing with
> async errors for DTK (and it maybe just leveraging the dojo/promise API).
If you going this route, Promise as in current incarnation does not
provide error recovery option except of manual restart of whole promises
chain.

My 2C would be to extend Deferred/Promise to provide recoverable error
handling. Like an example, call .progress() with error and let handler
try to reinitialize/reset original Deferred/Promise.
Though .progress() is kind of kitchensink dump for all occasions, better
to have dedicated method for recoverable error handling(
.beforeBreakOnError() kind ). Keeping final error notifier untouched.

In the light of parser it could be substitution of broken elements with
"under development" dijit :)

Sasha