[dojo-contributors] built vs src

Kris Zyp kzyp at dojotoolkit.org
Mon Oct 24 23:14:50 EDT 2011

We recently noticed that in one of our projects (dgrid), that tests work
fine with the src/trunk version of dojo, but when switching to the
built/distribution version (dojo-release-1.7.0rc2), all the paths
resolved differently. With src version, we can load
/packages/dojo/dojo.js, and loading the module dgrid/Grid will correctly
resolve to /packages/dgrid/Grid.js, but with the same configuration in
the built version, it resolves to /packages/dojo/dgrid/Grid.js. Is this
supposed to work this way? Maybe this was already discussed in one of
the numerous path discussions, and I missed it, but I didn't realize
there would be path resolution difference between the src and built/dist
versions.
Thanks,
Kris