[dojo-contributors] Event handling proposal

Evan Huang evanhuangwei at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 12:43:05 EDT 2011

Hi Eugene/Kris,

I just post an initial v 0.2 touch & gesture patch(still in-progress)
which was based on the 1st version of event.diff, though it mostly
likely won't run well with the new event.diff, this might still help
the discussion a bit:
- http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/attachment/ticket/12176/touch0.2.patch

Please let me know if anything I missed when following the new listener/aop way.

The new events refactoring provides very nice extendability, I was
able to add in dojo.touch/gesture based on the new listener/aop
mechanism without any difficulties, haven't tried out gesture.swipe(),
but based on the experimented gesture.tap() in the patch, it should
also be smooth to implement. But I'm still a bit concerning the new
semantic changes to dojo.connect(n, dojo.touch.tap, callback) / or
dojo.touch.tap(n, callback), especially the 2nd may bring confusions?

p.s - might not be able to respond in time recently...

Cheers!

- Evan