[dojo-contributors] Dojo 1.7 Goals: has() and granular dependency lists

ben hockey neonstalwart at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 12:45:18 EDT 2011

the ticket claims that using has like you've done is better for
compression but can you point to an example or explain why it compresses
better?  i haven't been closely following the thread about using closure
with dojo 1.6 - maybe it was somewhere in there?

also, wrt to the top level modules, i like this idea especially if the
top level module does not declare a dependency on the dojo namespace.
that would happen via dojo/_base/foo only.  then those top level modules
are extremely portable without any unnecessary dependencies.  i would
think that these top level modules should also then be the ones
specified when we become more precise with our dependencies.

ben...