[dojo-contributors] Dojo Utilities?

Dylan Schiemann dylan at dojotoolkit.org
Sat Mar 12 11:20:37 EST 2011

I've made the foundation board aware of the conversation.

Right now, I think the best thing is for us to all figure out what we
want to do, and then we'll do it.

I think it would make sense to create a short list of the concerns and
issues we're trying to address, solve them, and then we'll be able to
come up with a clear set of decisions.

I see the following as what has been discussed so far:

* Simplicity and cohesion, filtering, marketing
* Flexibility/modularity
* Ownership/official versions
* Ease of contributing and growing community, while under CLA and IP safe
* Version compatibility (don't turn into jar hell or linux dependency
management hell)
* Testing releases
* Documentation (accuracy, completeness, aggregation by release)
* Risk management (relying on a single commercial service)
* Module owner gets bored/abandons, what becomes official next
* Structure of projects (foundation, within dtk)
* Management of the official Dojo Foundation github projects, managing
patches, etc.

I think most of these have been solved or have solutions on the way, but
feel free to add answers or clarify, or add points I've missed.

It would probably make sense to put this into an etherpad or google doc
or wiki page, give everyone that cares time to comment and hammer out
the details, and then we'll do what needs to get done.

Regards,
- -Dylan