[dojo-contributors] Fwd: Using Dojo 1.6 with Closure -- document attached

Stephen Chung Stephen.Chung at intexact.com
Sat Mar 12 00:38:50 EST 2011

Hi Bill,

That’s correct.  Closure only handles prototypical inheritance.  It does not support multiple inheritance.  AFAIK, Dojo only simulates multiple inheritance with mixin’s for all base types other than the first one in dojo.declare, so in my build script, I only mark the first base class as @extends.

AFAIK, Closure does not have much to offer for inheritance anyway – there aren’t much interesting optimizations being done for base classes, only primarily type checking.  So there is not much loss.

So, I don’t think we are losing anything by not catering to Closure’s inheritance system.

- Stephen