[dojo-contributors] Dojo 1.7 Goals: has() and granular dependency lists

Kris Zyp kzyp at dojotoolkit.org
Fri Mar 11 10:38:12 EST 2011

On 3/11/2011 8:28 AM, ben hockey wrote:
>> Second, as our AMD support will be improved in 1.7, we should start
>> using more precise dependency lists to facilitate highly optimized
>> builds (only what is needed) and fewer runtime property lookups:
>> http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/12432
> in the example in the ticket, does dojo/_base/connect still augment dojo
> so that the first snippet would still work?  if so, then is there any
> gain by being more precise with the dependencies since
> dojo/_base/connect will need to declare a dependency on dojo in order to
> augment it?
I thought our (back-compat) module loader augmented the dojo variable
with module returns (line #884 in dojo/_base/_loader/loader.js), so you
don't have to depend on the "dojo" module to have dojo be augmented.
However, when module names don't match corresponding created
functions/namespaces (dojo/_base/connect  != dojo.connect) there is an
issue. Perhaps we need a dependency that just represents the dojo
namespace (and not base)?
Kris