[dojo-contributors] Dojo Utilities?

James Thomas jthomas.uk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 05:38:38 EST 2011

On 10 March 2011 18:09, Tom Trenka <ttrenka at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would agree.  This is much more of an application and much less
> something that would be distributed as part of a toolkit or framework,
> so it would be easier to release as standalone and let the Dojo
> community promote it separately.

I would agree that the tool doesn't belong within the normal release
distributions. I don't believe the majority of users will need to run
the Web Builder locally and don't think they should suffer an
relatively large increase in the size of the normal source
distribution to accommodate this application. However, I think it
would be nice for this to live in the official dojo foundation account
on github although I'm not overly fussed as long as the it's owned by
the foundation.

Maybe we could offer a create a kitchen-sink release, which included
the normal Dojo release plus a selection of tertiary tools, like the
Web Builder and other new utilities projects? Or have the official
dojo account on github offer a meta-repository which included
sub-modules for dojo source and other tools that people could clone to
get everything?

--
Regards,
James Thomas