[dojo-contributors] dojo.Stateful - long live r23032!

Rahul Akolkar rahul.akolkar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 16:53:40 EST 2011

Hi Rawld,

Inline.

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Rawld Gill <rgill at altoviso.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 10 March 2011 06:31:47 Rahul Akolkar wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 11:48 PM, Bill Keese <bill at dojotoolkit.org> wrote:
>> > We didn't agree to this at the meeting (or at any other time).
>>
>> Correct, its MO -- tautologically, I disagree with anyone who
>> disagrees with me on something as fundamental as this :-)
>
> Why is it fundamental?
<snip/>

Its an important interface in Dojo in that its increasingly pervasive.

I believe I have replied to most of your questions to me already,
including why connect() is not the answer, please see comments #4 and
#7 on #12399, or last meeting's logs. If you do want me to further
clarify on anything after reading those comments, let me know and I'd
be happy to provide more input.

I will jump to your summary opinion and make one comment:

> I save my *opinion* for last: dojo.stateful.watch docs seem fundamentally
> correct, which make the implementation incorrect.

<snap/>

Perhaps (I cannot speak to the original intent), but note that this is
how dojo.Stateful has behaved in 1.5, 1.6 and continues to behave in
trunk today. Anything else is a regression (and its worse, because it
allows no way to get old behavior without breaking the Stateful
paradigm).

Best,
-Rahul