[dojo-contributors] Dojo Utilities?

Adam L. Peller adam at peller.org
Thu Mar 10 11:42:19 EST 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Kris Zyp <kzyp at dojotoolkit.org> wrote:

> On 3/10/2011 8:29 AM, Chris Mitchell wrote:
>
>   I hear there is a Dojo Foundation account that can be used... Where
> > are the details for how we can establish GitHub projects maintained
> > under this account.
> >
> This is possible to, but this seems counterproductive in terms of
> granularity of control and ownership which is part of the reason for
> breaking DojoX up. I think it would be better to have smaller units of
> organization that can be more specifically controlled.

Except where code is under CLA, it would be preferable, I think, to have
access control which assures the origins conform to the contributor list.
 Perhaps github could help us track or even automate this.  For some
projects, we may wish to restrict access further, others would be free to
develop even without CLA if they choose.  I think we were talking about
having a bit in the project metadata to indicate CLA status, which might be
further limited by a subset which indicates Dojo "ownership" for
maintenance.

-Adam