[dojo-contributors] Dojo.data + filter of nest structures

Karl Tiedt ktiedt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 20:10:29 EST 2011

Inline

-Karl Tiedt

>> Example:
>> Toplevel-1
>>     Toplevel-1-SecondLevel-1
>>             Toplevel-1-secondLevel-1-ThirdLevel-1
>>             Toplevel-1-secondLevel-1-ThirdLevel-2
>>             Toplevel-1-secondLevel-1-ThirdLevel-3
>>
>> Now if we say the above text is the name of each item, then filter on
>> ThirdLevel-3 it *should* return:
>>
>> Toplevel-1
>>     Toplevel-1-SecondLevel-1
>>             Toplevel-1-secondLevel-1-ThirdLevel-3
>>
>> However, currently the entire childrens array is displayed... a
>> possible solution would be to filter with deep=true, however this
>> returned a flattened result set from what we saw
>
> what is "the entire childrens" array in your example?

Top example has 3 children in lowest level, thats the entire children
array for its parent... bottom example has properly filtered childrens
array showing only the matching child + parents to display it properly

> are you talking about dojo.store or dojo.data?

Currently these are dojox.data.AndOrReadStore and ItemFileReadStore
that we have looked at (due to project usage) - project is based on
Dojo 1.5 atm but updating to 1.6 soon as approval comes down