[dojo-contributors] DDD 2010 - Pulsar

Bill Keese bill at dojotoolkit.org
Mon Oct 18 09:11:52 EDT 2010

  Thanks Eugene!   A few thoughts/questions that we can talk about on
Tuesday:

1) What does the concept of "base" mean in the brave new world of
requireJS?   Is there still something akin to the dojo namespace (albeit
not really a global variable)?    I do see the main-browser.js file
which combines a few modules.    Or, are you talking about treating base
like a package, same as Tom's proposal for dojox packages, and then
putting the other core files like dojo.fx into separate packages?

2) When you said "influenced by EmbedJS" I figured you meant having
alternate files based on browser capability (ex: query.js for browsers
that support querySelectorAll() [well] and a larger query-ie.js for
IE6-8), but I don't see that.   Not sure what the influence is.

3) I wonder if we should branch from 1.x so that GIT can help us merge
1.x fixes into 2.0, or if we should just do it by hand.   Core isn't
changing much nowadays except for dojo.store.

4) hard to tell what you changed exactly, besides removing deprecated
functions and switching to requireJS format.

5) plugd.connectlive() and dojox.NodeList.delegate() are similar

6) dijit's plan is depending on that trigger code, so hopefully we will
add it into base