[dojo-contributors] ContentPane calls startup on child widgets too early - is this intended?

Shane O'Sullivan shaneosullivan1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 00:48:49 EDT 2010

I noticed recently that the dojox.widget.FeedPortlet isn't working.
When looking to see what changed, I noticed that ContentPane, which it
inherits through TitlePane, calls startup() on its child widgets as it
parses them.

This never happened before, and it results in startup() being called
on child widgets of ContentPane before startup() is called on the
ContentPane itself.

Is this intended?  Surely startup() on child widgets should only be
called during or after startup() on the containing widget?

Thanks

Shane