[dojo-contributors] Dojo & Mobile - devs needed

Eugene Lazutkin eugene at lazutkin.com
Sun Oct 17 04:19:37 EDT 2010

Just went with my Android. Frankly I didn't know what to expect, but in
general I was not impressed. I couldn't make any gestures to work (not
supposed to work yet?), besides built-in page scrolling, only "onclick"
worked. My finger is bigger than elements I was supposed to click. Very
slow in general (could be my connection), page flipping is slow.
Apparently it consumes a lot of CPU --- I could see how my battery meter
counted percents down. And I killed it after several minutes --- I have
no idea how I did it, but it stopped event processing.

Obviously, it is an alpha, most probably Android is not a priority, and
my device is not a top of the line. So don't judge them too harsh.
Alternatively we can blame the platform manufacturers (HTC and Google).

It would be interesting to see what we have now. Is it possible to
assemble a small demo like that?

Cheers,

Eugene Lazutkin
http://lazutkin.com/

PS: Just today I ran my small web app on the same device. The app is not
optimized for mobile, just a regular desktop browser app and uses Dojo
1.5 from Google CDN, Claro theme, a progress bar widget, and charting
(yes, with all available plots loaded by default :-( ). And it was more
alive than what I saw just now.