[dojo-contributors] Dojo & Mobile - devs needed

Tom Elliott mrtom at cantab.net
Tue Oct 5 12:11:22 EDT 2010

http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/dojotoolkit/dojox/charting/tests/test_DataSeries.html
shows
the charts fine on my iPhone fwiw.

However, whilst the charts themselves might work fine there are going to be
some UX problems with tooltips that show when hovering a data point. In the
examples above clicking on the columns and pie segments shows the tooltips
and works well, but it's really hard to click on the nodes in the line chart
(and if I didn't know they were there I'd never have found them).

A mobile charting module might help here by defining an area to display the
tooltip text and allowing swiping between the points? Not sure if that would
want to become part of the module or an extra component, just a thought.

Tom