[dojo-contributors] TreeGrid enhancement for 1.6 - lazy loading for children rows

Kris Zyp kzyp at dojotoolkit.org
Sat Oct 2 11:16:34 EDT 2010

On 10/1/2010 3:33 PM, Jonathan Bond-Caron wrote:
> On Fri Oct 1 03:21 PM, Kris Zyp wrote:
>>
>> What is the advantage to having extra methods on a model instead of
>> the store?
>>
> - The main benefit would be to make the store api simpler to use and learn /
> design goal #1 ;)
>
> What I mean by simpler is ~ fewer methods but provides the same
> functionality, so moving getChildren() and idProperty somewhere else.
I don't get it. If you don't care about getChildren, you don't have to
worry about or implement it regardless of whether it is on store or
model. If you do care about getChildren, you do have to worry about or
implement it regardless of whether it is on store or model. The only
difference is whether you have to be aware of a separate model object,
and keep track of what method should be implemented on the store and
what should be implemented on the model. I vote for simplicity, the dev
shouldn't have to worry about which object to implement their methods on.
Kris