[dojo-contributors] TreeGrid enhancement for 1.6 - lazy loading for children rows

Jonathan Bond-Caron jbondc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 17:33:39 EDT 2010

On Fri Oct 1 03:21 PM, Kris Zyp wrote:

> What is the advantage to having extra methods on a model instead of
> the store?

- The main benefit would be to make the store api simpler to use and learn /
design goal #1 ;)

What I mean by simpler is ~ fewer methods but provides the same
functionality, so moving getChildren() and idProperty somewhere else.

- For other benefits, I'll find time and update Evan's TreeGrid patch with a
couple of examples

It's about separating two different concepts that getChildren() depends on

(a) the data storage (how to get child items) and (b) the data model (how/in
what way an item and its children are stored).

When you know both (a) and (b), you can write a better/more efficient
'getChildren()' method.