[dojo-contributors] Google Summer of Code 2010 - Dojo is in!

Douglas Hays doughays at us.ibm.com
Fri Mar 19 08:39:35 EDT 2010

We need to formalize what the student "test" will be.  Fixing an existing
Dojo ticket was suggested and seems reasonable.
Just to have a starting point for discussion, I created the following
custom query that I thought would help guide students to viable tickets:
http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/query?.....
(basically, defects assigned to someone with a milestone of future, grouped
by component).  I wanted to avoid
anonymous-owned tickets since there may be a lot of user-error or
works-as-designed tickets mixed in with those.
Comments/suggestions?

FYI:  It seems that becoming a mentor takes more than 1 form-submit.  I
think you request to be, then it;s later approved, and then
you receive another notification asking if you accept or something like
that.  It confused me a little.  I saw a few requests come in,
but only Rob and I currently show up on the mentor list.  Of course we need
as many would-be mentors to sign up as possible.
Karl asked for 6 slots and I'm not sure how they determine exactly how many
we get, but we'll need a lot of mentors to handle that many.
The main portal to GSoC seems to be here: http://socghop.appspot.com/

- Doug