[dojo-contributors] 1.5 schedule / bug triage

Bill Keese bill at dojotoolkit.org
Wed Mar 10 22:15:23 EST 2010

Hi gang,

The lucid work is wrapping up now, so we are thinking of Dojo 1.5 as
April 2 beta, April 15 RC. (If anyone forgot, a few months ago we
decided to do a quick release of 1.5 to get the theme changes out there
quickly. But it also has some other stuff in it, including some new
Editor plugins.)

There's a scary list of 500 tickets scheduled for 1.5:
http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/report/78, so can everyone go through and
see which tickets they actually plan to fix this month? Then we'll
discuss further in next week's dojo-meeting. ISTM our list for 1.5
(excluding stuff already checked in) is:

Realistic:
- lucid new theme
- dojo.trigger - Pete, James
- dojo.Deferred refactor - Kris
- finish dijit-->core move - Bill (need OK from James)
- extensible hostenv configuration
(http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/7757) - James
- review and commit IBM's map patch - Tom
- spinner CSS update to avoid glitches/JS sizing hacks - Doug

Wishlist:
- parser refactor - Bill
- Get/set/watch - Kris
- Live/delegate - Bill, Sam, etc.
- calendar/palettemixin refactor - Youngho
- refactor dijit.form.button to use hidden <button> nodes (to avoid
rendering problems)
- new dojox.dnd (http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/10679) and new
gridcontainer (http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/10680)

Bill