[dojo-contributors] self executing scripts

James Burke jburke at dojotoolkit.org
Sun May 31 13:30:14 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 8:00 AM, Peter E Higgins <dante at dojotoolkit.org> wrote:
> <script src="dojo/dojo.js" djConig="parseOnLoad:true">
>    dojo.require("dijit.TitlePane");
>    dojo.require("dijit.layout.BorderContainer");
>    // or just:
>    dojo.require("my.application");
> </script>

I am not sure it is needed. We support require and addOnLoad handling
via djConfig already, and this patch only works for the dojo.js script
tag -- the user cannot generically apply this technique for any script
tag. I would think the progressive JS case would prefer not to have
any JS call in the HTML, just the script tag to load external scripts.
For requires, the djConfig syntax is shorter to type.

Maybe it can just be a dojox module, and we modify base just to hold
on to the script tag, if folks feel like this is really useful.

James