Adam Peller peller at gmail.com
Fri May 29 16:47:00 EDT 2009

Yes, we had multiple entry points for discussions, which differed, mainly in
their access mechanisms: web vs. e-mail.  Each provided threaded discussions
and had its strengths and weaknesses, but in terms of providing discussions
there was redundancy and we were splitting the community.

SO provides a new opportunity to handle questions with a structure that's
much more effective than threaded discussions.  There might be a need for
both.  Rather than replacing forums, I think SO would replace the important
but inadequate FAQ.

-Adam