[dojo-contributors] Forums to Die, Mail vote.

Tom Trenka ttrenka at gmail.com
Thu May 28 21:37:32 EDT 2009

+1, with the caveat that we NEED to ensure that:
1. it's clear on how to use the mailing lists (you'd be amazed at how many
people don't know how to do this and frankly don't care), and
2. We provide some sort of web interface off the site, as opposed to trying
to direct people to an email client.

Again, you'd be amazed at how many people do NOT get something like a
mailing list; on top of that, a good portion of the emails coming into
dojo-interest are things like "I work at IBM and I'm out of the office until
X".

Using the mailing lists is not a bad idea (since at that point it's a single
data point, pun not intended) but unless we provide an interface they can
use with a web interface, we're back to square one.

If we can't provide #2, then consider my vote to be -1.  Personally I'm fine
with using embedded Nabble, regardless of the use of jQuery (though that
might be considered by some of the more intelligent to be part of the whole
"can't we all get along" thing).

regards,
trt