Mike Wilcox mwilcox at sitepen.com
Thu May 28 07:37:50 EDT 2009

I believe it was ruled out as not sufficient. I bring it up because I
want to throw my vote in there that I agree. I wanted SO to work, but
it doesn't – it's too different.  I also prefer email support and
would be happy with either of the solutions that we are going to vote
on.

Maybe if the email stays internal we can build something that
automatically archives the *good* messages – aka, the ones marked as
solutions, and make them into a searchable database. No such power
over Google Groups, which incidentally, is not searchable via the web,
although it is within Google Groups (I'm sure someone will correct me
if I'm wrong).

Note there is a barrier to entry for some just checking out Dojo and
having to join a mailing list to ask a question on how to get started
(which is why forum-like interfaces were being mentioned I'm sure).

And there's still IRC which is really, really good.

Mike Wilcox
mwilcox at sitepen.com
http://www.sitepen.com
work: 650.968.8787 x218