[dojo-contributors] Suggestion for making blog posts about Dojo more useful

Dylan Schiemann dylan at dojotoolkit.org
Tue May 26 04:43:49 EDT 2009

We've discussed this before a bit, but I'd like to suggest that every
Dojo blog post either on the Dojo site or on Campus or any other blog
should at the top of the post include the version of Dojo the example is
known to work with, which browser versions it was tested in, the date it
was created, the requirements to make it work, and ideally a tarball of
the examples, with and without Dojo, working so people can easily try it
out.

Am I missing anything that would be useful?  It might be useful to do
this as a small microformat, or even a little widget that reads this
metadata from markup and puts it into a small list widget that could be
similar across Dojo blog entries.

I mention this because several of the grid examples from 1.2 stopped
working with Dojo 1.3, and of course this made life a bit difficult for
people trying out the grid, etc.

Does this seem like a good idea?

Regards,
-Dylan