Dustin Machi dmachi at dojotoolkit.org
Thu May 21 00:32:33 EDT 2009

I haven't seen any call for a vote myself, but I could have missed it.

Note that gmane has no relationship to our current forums, it only
takes care of mailing lists which already have archives.  Google is
really only providing a way to submit messages via the web, the
existing mailing list does the rest (albeit not with as nice of an
interface).  Given that google groups fails to meet the original
purpose of using forums in the first place (splitting up forums into
more manageable chunks) its not clear to me why we don't just close
the forums and use the existing mailing lists.  People can go back to
using nabble or gmane or whatever external tool to submit from the
web.  In any case, the forums aren't mirrored elsewhere to my
knowledge, so turning them into something static and readonly needs to
be included as part of this migration process.

Dustin