[dojo-contributors] dojo roadmap

Mike Wilcox mwilcox at sitepen.com
Thu May 14 12:18:22 EDT 2009

+1

I like the DijitX idea. It fills out the plan nicely. Now we can start
think of the 'X' to mean 'extension', and not 'experimental'.

Suggested additions to Tom's list for promotion to Dojo: validation
and json stuff. DropDownSelect should be promoted to Dijit if it's
ready.

One of the reasons I like the plugin concept is because currently
there's no criteria to determine the popularity or usefulness of...
well anything in Dojo. Having plugins allows for download tracking and
a rating vote.

I think there should definitely be an official plugin location for
previous DojoX work, and stuff that has a CLA. Seems that the
requirements for submission would be fairly light. Then an unofficial
plugin location for non-cla work.

I feel I have to vote against Adam's suggestion that plugins be what
are currently packages in DojoX. I think each file should be a plugin,
except for cases where they are a package in themselves (like lang for
example).

Namespace for a plugin? dojop? Should there be a dijitp?

dojo, dijit, dojox, dijitx, dojop (dijitp)

Mike Wilcox