Bill Keese bill at dojotoolkit.org
Wed May 13 20:06:44 EDT 2009

In the meeting today Dustin said that he tried all the software you
mentioned and the only one up to par is phpBB, the one used by zend,
which he put in http://staging.dojotoolkit.org/forums/.

The limitation with phpBB is that it doesn't support the two-way email
interface.

Dustin also mentioned that someone needs to volunteer to do the
switchover, meaning that assuming that we don't do an actual migration
of the old messages to the new system (google/nabble/phpBB/whatever),
that all the old drupal forum content should be archived somehow, like
making static copies of all the pages so they can be around even after
drupal has been replaced.

Or, that work could be deferred until if/when we actually convert
dtk.org from drupal to django.