Bill Keese bill at dojotoolkit.org
Wed May 13 18:50:29 EDT 2009

> 2) Nabble tinkers with frames => you have a web interface yet you cannot
> reference a thread/answer easily. Nabble does provide a permalink, but I
> bet it is going to be missed by many. I see it as a serious usability
> flaw --- our current forums are better in this respect.

I think I see what you are saying... I surf around posts (and between
different groups) on http://www.jboss.org/netty/community.html or
http://plone.org/support/forums and the URL bar in the browser doesn't
change at all.    Or are you talking about an issue even when accessing
a group through nabble.com directly?

There's also a separate login link for the iframe, which is confusing.

After seeing those issues, plus considering that the more complicated we
make our plans the less likely they are to actually happen, I'm against
trying to embed nabble in our own pages.

Will nabble support import/export even when they are hosting it?