Eugene Lazutkin eugene at lazutkin.com
Wed May 13 16:33:13 EDT 2009

1) I use a news reader to read mail list (via gmane). It keeps different
news lists separate, and allows to see messages in context. nabble
doesn't provide news access. If we are to have a mail list option for
the forum, I can still use gmane, and it becomes a non-issue.

2) Nabble tinkers with frames => you have a web interface yet you cannot
reference a thread/answer easily. Nabble does provide a permalink, but I
bet it is going to be missed by many. I see it as a serious usability
flaw --- our current forums are better in this respect.

Thanks,

Eugene Lazutkin
Dojo Toolkit, Committer
http://lazutkin.com/

On 05/13/2009 10:11 AM, Shane O'Sullivan wrote:
> Sticking a jQuery based page on dtk.org would be a huge embarassment
> for us I think.  If we can rewrite it to use Dojo, as was done with a
> Drupal module, then fine, but I would definitely find it hard to
> accept another toolkit being used for Dojo community pages.
>
> Shane
>
> 2009/5/13 Tom Trenka <ttrenka at gmail.com>:
>> I haven't used Nabble in a while (shows you how much I was checking
>> dojo-interest, although with the newer Nabble 2 it got changed somehow) but
>> I'm fine with a solution like Nabble as well.  Took a quick look at their
>> embedding thing, and this example seems to be exactly what everyone wanted
>> in the first place:
>> http://www.jboss.org/netty/community.html
>> The only issue that may be an issue (and just throwing it out there) is that
>> it's jQuery-based.  If you guys are fine with that, then ok issue basically
>> solved (be fun archiving the forums though).
>> regards--
>> trt
>>
>> 2009/5/13 Nathan Toone <toonetown at dojotoolkit.org>
>>> I'm fine with Nabble as well...the main reason that I was +1 on google
>>> groups is that it combines the following:
>>> 1 - Getting rid of dojo-interest
>>> 2 - Provide a "forum-like" interface for those who like forums
>>> 3 - Provide an online archive for a history of solved issues