Mike Wilson mikewse at hotmail.com
Tue May 12 13:44:31 EDT 2009

I'll reiterate that Nabble could be an option. They let you embed
the forum on your own site, see f ex:
http://plone.org/support/forums

and let you restyle with your own css:
http://n2.nabble.com/help/Answer.jtp?id=39

and, according to this page:
http://n2.nabble.com/back-end.html
let you run their server on your own hardware (this should take
care of any export desires as you have access to the db, or, an
easier way is to just archive all posts through a mail
subscription?)

They also support import from different formats, so the whole
history of dojo-interest mbox files could be imported straight
away.

Best regards
Mike