sam foster potatosculptor at gmail.com
Tue May 12 04:21:15 EDT 2009

I'm down on google groups only because its a one-way street, with no
api to either import archives, or export if we ever need to in the
future, or basically do anything that google didn't think of or
implement or make easy enough for our users. And we lose the single
sign on.

But, as I'm not doing much in the forums or mailing list and not
offering to migrate, I'm happy to have my vote discounted on this one
as noise.

FWIW I think we'll find considerably more energy for this outside the
dojo-contributors group, where we are all over stretched and jaded. I
think if we came up with a shortlist of potential solutions we were
happy with and put an appeal for help out to the community, we'd get
it. Lots of people want to help in ways other than filing patches and
commiting code.

> * Zend-based solutions:
> ** Find out what Zend Framework uses (presumably it's Zend-based... I
> mention this, because everyone raves about how well Zend and php.net are
> run)

its a good idea,

> * Google Groups
> ** (evaluate their API, and see what we can do with it if we want to
> customize it to our needs later)

there is no groups api, beyond the RSS feeds

/Sam