[dojo-contributors] common cometd.js for dojo & jquery

Greg Wilkins gregw at mortbay.com
Mon May 11 12:18:17 EDT 2009

All,

Simone and I now have the common cometd.js working with the dojo loader.

It is in the http://svn.cometd.org/trunk repository and when it builds
(using maven) it takes the release of dojo 1.3 and exclude dojox/comet.js
and dojox/cometd/ directory.

It then replaces it with a new dojox/cometd.js file which does

  dojo.provide("dojox.cometd");
  dojo.registerModulePath("org","../org");
  dojo.require("org.cometd");

  org.cometd.JSON.toJSON = dojo.toJson;
  org.cometd.AJAX.send = function(packet)
  {
  }

So for now it has the common js in the org/cometd.js location.
This avoids cross mounts for now and just shows that it works.

The main extensions (timestamp, timesync and ack) are loaded in the
same way.

Both long poll and xd transports always loaded.  There is no
longer the option of form encoding the long poll transport.

The jquery API was a little different, but we've done the work
so almost all existing code will work. I'd be interested in
hearing feedback to that effect (or otherwise).

I think we should let this be used from this build for a
few weeks at least before we contemplate replacing the
current version in dojox.

cheers