[dojo-contributors] Propose Promote dijit.sniff

Tom Trenka ttrenka at gmail.com
Fri May 8 13:21:09 EDT 2009

This was actually a bit of a battle in the shift from 0.4 to 0.9.  The issue
at hand is that it's invasive on a document; having CSS classes added to a
document simply because you load up Dojo is a bad thing from a marketing
perspective, because any web developer (the kind of people using MooTools
and jQuery) would like to have control over how their documents are
manipulated.
I'd be fine with it in the Core but I would definitely object to having it
in Base; it should be an optional thing, not something we enforce on the
community at large.

regards,
trt