[dojo-contributors] 1.3 direction

Adam L. Peller adam at peller.org
Fri Sep 26 10:05:20 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 1:27 AM, Bill Keese <bill at dojotoolkit.org> wrote:

> Adam Peller wrote:
>  > Matrix testing for the tests we've got being much higher priority
> than writing automated tests, IMHO.
>
> Hmm, ISTM that given the number of OSs (Win2K, WinXP, Vista, Tiger,
> Leopard, Linuxes) and the number of browsers (IE6, IE7, IE8, FF2, FF3,
> Safari, Opera, Konqueror, Chrome) that it's not practical to test every
> single combination by hand.  And it also seems really unlikely that
> something will work correctly on IE7/vista but fail on IE7/WinXP.

Right... that's exactly my point.  The discussion was about getting our
existing tests to run automated on servers in various VM (like Mozilla's
tinderbox).  Whether we include Windows variants is less important.  I know
this provides coverage for only a fraction of the features and does not
address the huge test issues with interactive, but it provides a solid base
and help us catch regressions.  I think it's the logical place to start.