[dojo-contributors] 1.3 direction

Becky Gibson becky at dojotoolkit.org
Thu Sep 25 18:01:48 EDT 2008

My highest priority for 1.3 is to make the grid accessible.  I'd also like
to see automated dijit testing as there are still many keyboard bugs and
regressions that get introduced / within each development cycle.  IE 8
support is also important and may require some a11y tweaks as well.
I have a few other widgets that could use some accessibility improvements:

   - make calendar keyboard accessible
   - update slider so a screen reader can speak text values (low, med, high
   rather than 1, 2, 3)
   - support announcement of ajax updates by a screen reader (via changes to
   contentPane)

For 1.4 I'd like to see drag and drop accessibility tackled.
-becky