[dojo-contributors] 1.3 direction

Adam L. Peller adam at peller.org
Thu Sep 25 16:56:28 EDT 2008

For general Dojo issues, IE8 and matrix testing are extremely high on my
list.  Matrix testing for the tests we've got being much higher priority
than writing automated tests, IMHO.  We can talk about when is the right
time to cover Chrome.

It seems like Bill's ideas fall into a few different buckets with very
different sizes: project wide, dojox->dijit migration, and widget-specific
features.  (I'd consider adding validation hints to the feature list as
well, if we can figure out how to do it -- e.g. mm-dd-yyyy)  Whether the
widget-specific features make it in 1.3 or 1.4 and the timing of those
releases are things we'll need to work out.  For migrating widgets from
dojox to dijit, I'm not sure I see the pressing need, unless it's just to
make dijit more marketable.  Do we feel these widgets have settled down, at
least when it comes to API stability, or perhaps it would be best to wait
another cycle to be sure?  Perhaps we should do some sort of API review like
we (sort of) did for most of Dijit in 0.9 before moving the code?

-Adam