[dojo-contributors] Browser Support

sam foster potatosculptor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 12:19:32 EDT 2008

I can give a quick status update on the centralized test logging.
I got a quick proof of concept going by hacking at the test runner,
and had it posting off the results somewhere. Next I need to create
the recipient of that data. The plan is to use Persevere, and I'm told
this will be a fairly trivial application, but I'm stalled out on it
as I got pulled into a high priority work project. Initially we were
just going to collect data, and worry about reporting as a phase 2.
But this is exactly the concern we wanted to address - to check that
we are getting good cross-browser coverage. The results I'm collecting
so far are basically like what you'll see in the doh output - its a
json structure of tests passed, failed and errors, along with some
environment info, like dojo.version, and the user-agent string. That
too can be refined as we figure out what we really need.
If someone with more time wants to take this on, I can put together a
patch file and whatever else you need. Otherwise, I'll get it back off
the shelf as soon as I can (but not before)

Sam